


Baguio city has the most visitor attractions, and one of these is THE MANSION. It is one of the most visited and photograph landmarks of the city of Baguio. With it's beautiful gardens and a well-manicured lawn, it is a favorite site for the tourists.
Before I went to america four years ago, I visited The Mansion together with my family. I wanted to visit again the place and the city that I always dreamed of living in, since when I was a kid. I'm always thinking and always in my heart wherever I go this place. Imagine all these...clear blue morning skies, foggy afternoon, and chilly romantic evenings. The Mansion is located in the eastern part of Baguio.
We had a road trip going to the city. I still remember how it was fun riding a van together with my family. My dad, my sister and her only daughter, my brother and his one daughter and one son. How I wished that time that my mom was with us but she was passed away eight years ago. We used Kennon Road going up there. There are four roads that u can use going there. I was the most excited to see the Mansion. Going up to Baguio is very fun and amazing. This is the city in the sky with the height of 5,000 feet above sea level. While we were on the road we saw the most spectacular with amazing scenery, from pine forests to mountains with waterfalls disgorging fresh mountain water into the valleys.
When we arrived there we got the Hotel near the Mansion. First thing we did was to visit "The Mansion" the most historical place in Baguio. The majestic and palatial Mansion was built in 1908 as the official summer residence for the U.S. Governors-Generals.
It was badly damaged during the Second World War and was rebuilt in 1947. Since then, it has served as the holiday home and working office for each President of the Philippines during his or her visits to Baguio.
More recently, the Mansion House has been the site of a number of International conferences. Mansion house consists of an elegantly-designed main building and guest house. The elaborate main gate, made of ornate ironwork, is said to be replica of one of the main gates at Buckingham Palace, London.
Lastly, over the road from the Mansion House is Wright Park, we took the kids there, a place where children are often seen riding the ponies that are available for hire. Dotted all around the nearby hills are the holiday villas of the wealthy.
We had a great and memorable visit in this place. In my mind this is not the last time that I gonna visit this wonderful and beautiful place in my country. I WILL COME BACK.....

No comments:
Post a Comment